The internet is a huge domain that gives people the opportunity to freely talk about the things they think about, regardless of whether these are true or not. There are forums, social media sites, free blogs, and more. As such, it is perhaps no surprise that some companies fall victim to negative opinions, which may or may not be a true representation of a situation. Because all of this is possible, however, companies must invest in online reputation repair and management tactics. The best course of action is to enlist the services of a professional company to do this. However, there are also certain things that you can do yourself. Let’s take a look at 10 important reputation repair tactics.
10 Ways to Repair Your Reputation
- You must network. When you find a negative opinion about you on a site that you have no control over, you should politely request for the articles or comments to be removed. Additionally, if you find sites that write something positive about you, you should contact them to say thank you.
- You must host a blog. This will give you the opportunity to positively promote your brand, discounts, sales, offers, services, products, and so on.
- You should enable social bookmarking in anything that you post. This enables people to share things and gives you the potential to make something positive go viral.
- Use HubPages and Squidoo lenses so that your brand becomes more popular.
- Ask all your customers to leave a testimonial after they have used your product or service. For the sake of openness, ask them to do this on a public domain that you do not control, such as TripAdvisor, Epinions, CoffeeGeek, and so on. It is possible that they will leave a negative review, but you will also encourage more positive reviews.
- Social media is your best friend. You should have a LinkedIn page to build a professional network and get endorsements. Do also make sure you use Twitter and Facebook so that you can communicate directly with your customers. They can also use Facebook to leave reviews, so make sure you enable that function.
- Release regular press releases. Whenever you do something new in your company, have something to celebrate, or have anything else that you want to share, you must send out a press release. This is an important search engine optimization tool, and is no longer about hoping it gets picked up by the big networks such as CNN or ABC (although it is great if it does).
- Create webinars and videos. In so doing, you will set yourself apart as an authority in your niche, someone who people can trust for solutions for their problems.
- Syndicate high quality articles. This helps to increase your search engine rankings and provides you with important high quality backlinks.
- Get expert help. The above are things that you can do yourself, but you have to do them right. And that is hugely time consuming. Asking an expert for help will make things even better.